What is Google AdSense
Google Adsense is a program run by Google itself and uses the cost-per-click mechanism that enables a user to run ads related to the content on his website and earn money thereafter. These advertisements can be in the form of text, video, or image and appear automatically on the targeted site content.
Leveraging on Both the Strategies: AdSense and Affiliate Marketing
There are a lot of ways to make money on your blog but the two major income sources are AdSense and Affiliate Marketing. Many of us must be thinking which one to choose among them. For me, both of them are equally important as each has its own benefits and usability. Always remember to put quality content on your blog so that you can maximize the benefits from one or both of them depending on which strategy you intend to use. And this will severely affect your ranking, visitors, and views. Understand the difference between the both and try to utilize them according to your requirements and needs. You can start with AdSense but if you have a good knowledge about Affiliate marketing, you can do that as well.
How to create an AdSense account, step by step :
- Go to the signup page for AdSense. There you will see two options – sign in to your google account or sign up for a new account.
- Next, you will be asked to fill up a form which is quite straightforward. You need to write your website URL and select the language that your website is written in (by default it will be English)
- Step 3 is about submitting your AdSense application. It consists of contact information to be filled, for example – payee name(this is your bank account name), address, city, state and postal code.
- Go through the AdSense policies at least once.
- Click on submit and you have successfully signed up for AdSense. Once it is done, you need to add the code to your website.
- AdSense team will review your application for approval again after you the code. This could take up to 6 weeks depending on your geographical location.
- Once that is done, you will have to submit your tax information and enter your pin. The pin will be mailed to your e-mail ID once the account reaches a 10$ threshold. And you will start receiving payments once the threshold reaches 100$.
- With that, you will have successfully created your AdSense account.
Read About How Affiliate marketing and AdSense Work Differently:
- You must have an approved AdSense account but you don’t need to get an approval for affiliate marketing.
- AdSense is a passive income which means you are getting a regular payment whereas, in Affiliate marketing, you get a one-shot payment.
- Using affiliate marketing, you may earn a large amount of money over AdSense but even if you are doing extremely well, regular payments are not guaranteed. That is why you need to choose wisely.
- You don’t need huge traffic and can promote related products that are targeted towards the audience in Affiliate marketing. You certainly require a huge amount of traffic to be able to generate a good earning by the end of the month. Also, AdSense takes care of what type of ads to show thus product promotion is absolutely not required here.
- Affiliate is managed by several affiliate companies and AdSense is managed by Google. Hence, you might get more recognition by using Adsense.
- You might need some good set of skills for earning income through Affiliate marketing but AdSense does not require you to have such skills. It is comparatively a much simpler process.
- AdSense is most likely the fastest way to earn money online and you also don’t need much of online expertise for it whereas earning money through affiliate marketing may take you some time and might also require some online expertise.
It might be tricky to get your account approved by Google; it may take more than one try. Some tips to be kept in mind to not get it disapproved/disabled/suspended or in the worst case scenario – banned :
- Read the policies at least once
- Commit to google’s Do’s and Don’ts
- Avoid clicking on your own ads
- Don’t alter/manipulate the AdSense code
- Use original content on your blog. Don’t use prohibited content that upsets google.
What benefits will you get using AdSense?
- Google manages AdSense, thus the chances of your website’s crawling and indexing increases.
- You get more traffic to your website than before, thus increasing your potential to earn more money.
- You can start earning just by having a website or a blog and your Adsense must be approved. No tangible products are required here!
- It doesn’t matter how many websites you have, one AdSense account is all that you will need to manage them.
- You can set up customizable ads that you can experiment according to your needs. Google will always show ads relevant to your website.
- Google will reward you each time a person visits your website and clicks on an ad.