Fix Index Coverage Issues Google Search Console: Did you face any issues related to Google’s New Index Coverage notice? Many of the search console users have received or faced this type of notifications. But what are the reasons behind that? Now Google newly coming up with its version of the search console. It is the Beta version of the search console that helps the webmaster to easily find the insight as well as the content indexing of their website. So, in this article, we are going to cover up the index coverage issues that are being detected in the Google Search Console.
New Index Coverage Issue Detected
After launching the new version of the search console, the Google getting informed about the webmaster related to the index coverage issues that are detected through email. If you are a website owner, and you receive an email that says Google has detected submitted URL that is marked as noindex on the website, then you should not ignore it. This is because it can affect your website’s search engine rankings and also the search engine optimization. Now, how you can fix this issue? Well, we are there to help you out.
How to Fix Index Coverage Issues Google Search Console?
To fix the index coverage issue that is detected in Google Search Console, it can consume a bit of your time or the process can be longer. But you need to do it for the sake of your website. Following steps will help you out to get rid of this issue:
Visit your Google search console
Firstly, login to the Webmaster tool by clicking at the link https://www.google.com/webmasters and then click on to the status ≥ Index Coverage
Then click on submitted URL marked ‘noindex’. Here Google will give you four different ways that help in fixing your affected URLs. Following are the list of options that Google can provide you:
- Text Robots.txt Blocking
- Fetch as Google
- View as the Search result
- Submit to Index
Analysing The Issue
As we have mentioned above, the Google will provide you four options from which you can select the ideal one.
- With the help of robots.txt file, you can solve the issue through allowing the page to index.
- Fetch as Google will help you to solve the problem if you are facing issues because of the Google bots.
- If the noindex in the meta robot option is giving you any problem then you can remove the tags and check the issue.
- If you are not facing any of the above-mentioned issues, then you can just submit the page and get it indexed.
Using of Yoast SEO Plugin to solve the issue
If you are a WordPress user, then it can be the best option for you.
- You can easily sort out the index coverage issue through Yoast SEO plugin.
- All you need to do is log in to your dashboard and navigate the affected page.
- Then click on edit post and proceed towards the Yoast SEO settings.
- There you need to click on to the gear icon
- And finally, select Yes from the drop-down menu that shows Should search engines follow links on this post?
Now save the page for taking the effect. You can follow the same procedure whenever you face such issues. Finally, when everything sorted out, you can submit the sitemap to the search engines. This step will help the Google to index all the pages easily without any errors.
When you mark the meta robots index to no index accidentally, you can fix it by:
- Navigating the affected pages that shown in the Google search console.
- Check out the affected pages
- Click on the view source code
When you find the nofollow and noindex tags on the source code, then the reason for the issue will be the same regarding the index coverage issues on the website that you own. You can resolve this by following steps:
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard.
- Go to the advanced yoast settings
- There you need to locate the meta robot index and mark it to the index.
- Click on the meta robots follow.
- Select to follow under the required settings.
- Finally, click save changes.
Well, we hope that these steps will help you out if you are facing Index Coverage Issues from Google Search Console. You should never ignore this issue as it may be risky for your site.